If you’re like me and obsessed with tasty food but always strive for the clean eating option – Then I have a treaaaat for you!
This pumpkin pie recipe (as per most of my bakes) was completely chucked together with healthy substitutes and the best part – It tastes amaaaazing!!
Here is what you need:
- 1/2 Tin of pumpkin (I get mine from Tesco world food isle)
- 1/3 full size can condensed milk
- 1 whole Egg, 4 whites only (120 ml)
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- Sprinkling stevia (optional)
- 200g Oats
- 150g Pitted dates
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Water to texture base
- Whisk together the egg and egg whites in a bowl
- Ground the oats and dates together
- Mix in melted coconut oil and about 1/3 of egg mixture. Then add a little water to get consistency. You want a fairly dry biscuit type base.
- Squash base into a lined backing tin (Mine was 20cm diameter) and up the sides to create a crust.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, condensed milk, rest of egg mixture, cinnamon and stevia
- Pour in base bake at 180 degrees. for about 45 minutes. (Check with a knife as it may need longer)
The mixture raises but then sinks down again once its cool.
Heat and eat with greek yoghurt and Maple sugar free syrup!!
You can thank me later!