So I like to bake some healthy protein filled goodies over the weekend to add some tasty treats into my diet, that still fit in nicely with my macros. I am very much a trial and error baker, getting recipes from the Internet and substituting healthy alternatives. This one came out a treat! The only downfall is cooking time as it does require 40 minutes or so in the oven.
You can also substitute different ingredients per your taste. (I used dried mixed fruit instead of walnuts) The texture was great for a banana bread unless you don’t like the moistness, then just add more oats.
Here is my recipe I used:
- 3 x Medium Bananas
- 200g Oats (blended)
- 2 x Egg whites
- 3 x scoops Hydra 6 Killa Vanilla protein
- 100ml Almond milk
- 2 x Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Springling of Stevia (Optional)
- Handful of dried mixed fruit
- Pinch of Salt (optional)
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl (I used a folk)
- Add in your egg white and almond milk.
- Now add in the protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and stevia. Make sure you give the mixture a good mix.
- Then add in your oats and mix well before finally adding your additional ingredient (Mine was mixed fruit)
- Pour in a greased or lined loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees for around 35-40 minutes. Keep an eye, as I had to cover after about 20 minutes as the top was browning quickly.
Once completely cooled, cut into about 10 pieces and enjoy!
Macros: 132Kcal, 1.5g Fat, 23 carbs, 7g protein
Let me know what you think! And send me some pictures if you give it a go.
Hashtag with #FitspoNextDoor
Much Love, E